Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Have a PE153PF that does not has blank screen. Power is going

Customer Question

Have a PE153PF that does not has blank screen.
Power is going in and out.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Have you removed power for a few minutes and then restored to see if the display comes back on?Are you stating that the timing is still operating and turning on the equipment at the set times? Or that you can use the manual buttons to do so? Let me know and we can continueThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both shut off and turned on at the breaker box.
Showing current both going into the timer box and out, but screen is blank - Unable to enter any info by pushing appropriate buttons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A consequence that the motor will not operate, though i tested it off line, and it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, none of the on/off buttons work.
Ok,Not understanding the reply, please clarify.You state that power is going in and out but the motor doesnt run?If the manual overrides do not work, how is power going out?What is it going out to?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there's a manual override, i'm not familiar with it.
I tested the lines both going into the Intermatic and out.... Both sides are hot.
Power in the pump lines are hot, but the pump will not operate, knowing the pump is wire correctly and tested without the Intermatic.
Thinking that with the screen on the intermatic not showing any info, nor able to get response from the on/off switches on the Intermatic, i've narrowed it down to be problem with the Intermatic.
I can't be any more specific.
Ok,Is this a new installation?If so, disconnect EVERYTHING except for the power into the timer and power the timer on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It's been installed for a few years.
All of you guess work seems to be getting up nowhere.
There is no guess work, worked on timers for 43 years.If you have no display, and the power input is correct, then it has failed and must be replaced.There is nothing that is repairable on the units, they are considered throw away items and replaced.Intermatic may have the insert electronics assembly available, be glad to investigate if needed.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Good bye.
you are most welcome, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, after further thought, i changed out the 220 switch, and all went fine afterwards - No "multiple" years of working with timers. And, by the way, if you wish, you have my permission should you ever come to the need.
Ok,Changing it out would certainly cure the problem.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too bad it wasn't one of the original answers.
Never gave an answer, was still getting information, but thanks glad you are working now