AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Rich I have a wilco RCd 240/30 and its on off and I can't

Customer Question

Hi rich I have a wilco RCd 240/30 and its on off and I can't switch it up to on it just keeps falling back to off?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.The RCD is low level fault detector and will trip if it senses the possibility of a short in the circuitry.First thing to do, is unplug anything and everything that is on the failed circuits the RCD is protecting.If lights are also on the circuits, then turn all switches OFFAt that point, try to Reset the RCD and hopefully it will Reset.You can then proceed to turn on any lighting or plug items int othe sockets, BUT ONLY ONE AT A TIMEYou will be looking for which one trips the RCD back out.That will be your problem item and you can then investigate to find if it needs replacing or is repairable.Especially anything outside driven by the RCD can be an issue with moisture or water infiltration. Keep me posted on results and any further information needed, just reply.It can take a while to find the culprit, so patience is key.Thanks