Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am wiring a ceiling fan and the hot and neutral wires out of the ceiling touched and

Customer Question

Hi, I am wiring a ceiling fan and the hot and neutral wires out of the ceiling touched and sparked. Now there is no current between them.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I flipped off the ends of the ceiling wires and now I can feel voltage off the hot wire. Fan still won't start though. I am going to call customer service
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. I see you are requesting a phone session on the question. I'll send the offer for your acceptance.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I sent the offer for phone session. We can continue via email if you want. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?