Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

We have two separate wall switches to turn on our fan and to

Customer Question

We have two separate wall switches to turn on our fan and to turn on the fan light. Both switches get power from a clump of black wires. It appears a short wire was cut and put into the bunch of black wires and wire nutted together giving separate power to each switch. That's the black wires connected to the top of each switch. Then on the left switch that operates the fan there is a red wire going up to the ceiling box. The right side switch has a black wire going up to the ceiling box. Also, there is a white wire that goes from a bunch of wire nutted white wires up to the ceiling box. Lastly there is a bare ground that runs from the switch box up to the ceiling box. I have a black a ground and a black set of wires on the bottom of a Harbor Breeze wall control for fan speed and light dimmer. Which wires go to what? Thanks for any advice you can give including calling in an electrician.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Thanks for the excellent explanation, that helps greatly.Do need some additional though as stated below:1. The wall control, please get the Model number off the unit or the packaging.2. Did the wall control come with the fan?3. Did it also come with a receiver to mount in the canopy of the fan? Let me know and we can continue,Thanks