Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Installing remote to ceiling fan have red wire coming fron

Customer Question

Installing remote to ceiling fan have red wire coming fron ceiling. What do i do with it
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) I need more details as follows:2) Will the fan only be controlled via remote or do you have a wall switch that can over ride the remote? If a wall switch, how many wires and what are the wire colors that terminate to the switch?3) How many wires in the ceiling box and all of the wire colors?4) Any groups of black or white wires that are spliced together and wire nutted?