Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Trecee here my deep well submerable pump went off then came

Customer Question

Hi trecee here my deep well submerable pump went off then came back on on its own then went off again changed out the points and pressure switch now its throwing the breaker and wont run I have 17 dogs and 10 horses I have to have water what could it be?
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed out the breaker with one I found in ele box but do not know if it was new or not the old one and the changed out one both are throwing
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Lets first establish some details on the situation and see if you canot rectify the situation and get the issue resolved as soon as possible..1. How is the wiring installed?Point to point in the circuit form the breaker to the pump?List all equipment on the pump.2. Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester or can obtain one?3. What size circuit breaker was on the pump and what size is on it now?4. Do you know the HP of the pump motor?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
line under ground from pump to well it is in pvc dont have tester can try to find one to borrow breaker has four 30s across it and it is new I think it is a 1 1/2 hp but not sure can check when sun comes out do not know all the equipment on the pump my husband is overseas and I am trying to fix this my self with not much luck i replaced pressure switch , and control box and breaker dont know what eles to do no funds to call well man they charge $150just to come out this far I am in the country
Ok, thanks.Do begin troubleshooting, need to know how the wiring is installed with equipment?Please provide the below in order.1.Wire goes from breaker to pump controller?2.From pump controller to motor?If so, get the make and model of the pump controller.3.From pump controller to a pressure switch?If so, is the pressure switch a single pole or double pole?One set of contacts wired or two sets? How about pictures at each point, is that possible?Pictures can be posted directly here with using the paper clip symbol on the tool bar above the chat area.Get pictures on your PC and you can upload directly. Let me know,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay as soon as daylight I will get pictures its 5:30 here so wont be long
Ok, very good.Be sure and get the other information as well, it is vital to troubleshooting the situation. Thanks