Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am trying to install a universal ceiling fan remote control

Customer Question

I am trying to install a universal ceiling fan remote control model 99110 by hunter/Hampton bay to a Hampton bay fan model ac552. The assistant at home depot said they were compatible. They don't seem to be. We were told there were two options. 1- adjust the dip switches on the remote to match the dip switches in the light kit on the fan and it should work. I have taken the remote apart and can find no visible dip switches. 2- buy the receiver and connect it to fan. 2 problems here. There doesn't seem to be a way to conceal the receiver and still connect the fan back. The receiver seems to be blocking the fan from connecting back to the bracket on the ceiling. The second problem is that the wiring instructions say to connect the blue wire from the receiver to the blue or black wire from fan. There is only a white and black wire coming from the fan. It seems as if they are expecting there to be an additional wire.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Are you able to post photos here?