Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I want to install two Hampton Bay Seaport 52 inch ceiling fans

Customer Question

I want to install two Hampton Bay Seaport 52 inch ceiling fans on my outdoor porch. My home is one year old. The fans will replace two ceiling light fixtures. The electrical wiring anticipated fan installation. There are two wall switches one operates the two ceiling lights. The other is intended to operate the fans. In the ceiling boxes, there are red wires for the lights (hot), white wires for the lights and fans(?) (common) and black wires for the fans (hot). Also, a green ground of course. I want to operate the Seaport lights with the wall switch for the lights. I want to operate the Seaport fans with the wall switch for the fans. Will this work with the Seaport 52 ceiling fan. Looking at the instructions for the Seaport 52, it only shows item 6, page 11, black/white/green hookup with the light connected directly through the fan with a plug. How can I wire it separating the fan and the light wall switches? Please email a diagram and instructions.***@******.***
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Does the fan have the option to be controlled remotely and/or separate pull chains for the fan speeds and the light kit?
2) Please confirm, the 3 wires that exit the top of the fan that will splice to the house wires are: 1 black, 1 white and 1 green, is that correct? No blue wire exiting from the top of the fan wiring harness?
3) The plug that you mention sounds like a Molex connector that has a female to male plug, correct?