Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I can not turn my ceiling fan off nor the light

Customer Question

i can not turn my ceiling fan off nor the light
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i forgot to put my email -***@******.*** thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i put a new battery in and fan still will not turn off nor the light, my email is***@******.***
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, there is a small rotary pull chain switch inside that needs to be replaced. If you are handy with appliance repair you can remove it and take it to a lighting specialty shop for a replacement. If you are not handy tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will get you a short list of companies that can send a person out to do the work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan is brand new. It is turned on my wall switch no chains at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when hit circuit breaker goes off but go right back on,
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** case it is most likely wired incorrectly..99% chance of that. Let me know who wired it, and what they had to say. We can go from there. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My contractor installed, but can not get in touch with him. Anyway I can shut if off manually until i talk to him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow this was no help at all
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, you only have a solution after we discover it, we are currently in trouble shooting mode, attempting to discover the problem. So far it looks like a electrical wiring mistake by the installer, he will not doubt arrive to fix it... if you have any difficulty with him on that, post back and we can go from there. .