Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

We are running new underground power to a dual meter base that will serve two 200-amp serv

Customer Question

We are running new underground power to a dual meter base that will serve two 200-amp services, power will go from the meter box to two 200-amp main switches and then from there to the service panels. One of the service panels is an existing panel and one is new. ( we added a new second house attached to an existing house that had old overhead power) We have a 2" conduit running from beneath the new service panel under a cement slab and into the basement of the old house. I wire traverse the basement, goes through the wall and outside to where the main breaker box is. The inspector says that the wire from the service panel to the breaker must be SER 2-2-2-4. The inspector said that because part of the installation is under the concrete, then all of the line from the panel to the main breaker must be in conduit. I have several questions. 1) As an alternative to pulling the wire through the conduit and using flex conduit , would there be any code issues with running the wire
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Unfortunately, the remainder of your posting stopped in the middle of your question.Let me post the very last part showing:The inspector says that the wire from the service panel to the breaker must be SER 2-2-2-4. The inspector said that because part of the installation is under the concrete, then all of the line from the panel to the main breaker must be in conduit. I have several questions. 1) As an alternative to pulling the wire through the conduit and using flex conduit , would there be any code issues with running the wire That is all that can be seen, so something happened when it was posted.If you can complete the question, we should be able to assist on the situation.Also, did you write down the the correct statement from the inspector?2-2-2-4 is not for 200 amps, that is only good for 100 amps if aluminum and 125 amps if copper Let me know and we can continue,Thanks