Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I HAVE ALLEN ROTH CEILING FANWLITE.(3-SPEED) I AM TRING TO

Customer Question

I HAVE ALLEN ROTH CEILING FANWLITE.(3-SPEED) I AM TRING TO REPLACE A BURNED & BLACKEN SWITCH. I TESTED THE FAN & IT RUNS.AND THE LITE WORKS WITH A TEST JUMPER.MY TROUBLE IS THE NEW SWITH ISN'T COLOR CODED TO THE FAN, I CAN'T TELL WITH NUMBERGOES TO WHICH COLORED WIRE,EXCEPT BLK. IT GO TO L MARKINGS. THE COLORS ARE PALE ORANGE YELLOW PURPLE AND BLACK. CAN YOU HELP ME
THANKYOU *******************
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Did you purchase an EXACT 3 speed replacement switch for the fan or did you purchase a generic switch from Home Depot or Lowe's?
2) Any chance that you documented and labeled the 4 fan wires prior to removing the original switch?