AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have a new ceiling light I'm trying to install. The wiring

Customer Question

I have a new ceiling light I'm trying to install. The wiring in my ceiling space has just one black wire, one white wire and one grounding wire. My new light has two sets of black and white wires, and one grounding wire. Should I attach all white together and all black together? How do I install this? Thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Yes, you are correct in the assumption.Fixtures which have multiple bulb sockets, will have a white and black for each one.All the like colors will combine together and then attach them to the same color from the ceiling box.So, all blacks together, all whites together and then the one ground for the entire fixture.Let me know anything further or any clarification needed.Thanks