Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am taking power from an out let, running it through a dimmer switch that is connected to

Customer Question

I am taking power from an out let, running it through a dimmer switch that is connected to a pendant light. The schematic shows how to attached the light to a red wire and a red/white wire coming from the switch, which I have done the black wire from the switch goes to the black wire at the outlet, which I have also done. I have also joined the ground wires from the outlet, switch and light. My question is what do I do with the white wire coming off the outlet?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Is this a completely new wiring installation or was the pendant light previously installed and working?
2) Is the white neutral house wire at the pendant box, the same white neutral wire that originates at the receptacle?