Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just read your answer to a 5 year old inquiry re: Rhine FHD40EL

Customer Question

I just read your answer to a 5 year old inquiry re: Rhine FHD40EL replacement bulbs (circle type). I tried Bulb Town - amazing folks, but the only replacements they have are flat. The Rhine is "cone" shaped. The flat bulbs won't fit - the plug hits the fixture. Can you suggest anything?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Running the bulb number through a supplier I use, they come up with a replacementHave not seen yours or the fixture, but they show it to be in a Hampton Bay unit. CLICK HERELet me know if correct or not, supposed to beThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the "flat" circle type, not the tapered cone type that my Hampton Bay fixture requires. The flat ones won't work.
Ok,What exactly is it that you are calling "flat"?Measure the diameter of your bulb and then the circumference.Even better, get a picture of your bulb with the socket up , then one from the side also.Let me see what the bulb makeup is.Never heard a reference of "flat" circle type and been in the business fro over 42 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Rhine FHD40EL is 7.5" in diameter. Circumference is 23.6". The height when laying on a table is 1.3" The inner circular part is about 5.7" in diameter and sits about 0.5" above the table when the lamp is laying on the table.The "flat" ones are 7.5" in diameter, circumference is 23.6" Height when laying on a table is 0.75" and both circles rest on the table.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached jpg file for a picture of the lamp I need to replace.
Ok, thanks for the details.Let me check on the one, it may not be but it appears to be offset by the picture with the spaces shown, they do not appear to be on the same plane.What is it that doesn't work, is there some type of limitation on the clips that hold the lamp in place or something that the other bulbs will not stay in place?