AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I dropped a light bulb , but it blew out a while ago ..I

Customer Question

I dropped a light bulb , but it blew out a while ago ..I forgot to take it out . I cleaned it up , didn't wait to do so. I'm not sure if it's an LED light however , should I have aired out the room?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Under normal circumstances, airing a room will have no benefit, as any residual chemicals in an LED or CFL bulb will dissipate very quickly.The levels inside a bulb are minimal with standards and do not pose a threat to us when something like this arises.If it were to happen on a frequent basis, then that could be an issue.Anytime a bulb is dropped and broken in the future, just leave the room for a few minutes, then use gloves and clean up the area as usual. Use a cloth to protect your inhalation as an added safety.The exposure you had is not a threat to you, it is within the guidelines of exposure to any of the bulbs chemicals.So, please do not be alarmed with the incident.Just use extra caution in the future and that will limit any further exposures.CFL bulbs have more vapor than LED, and you do not want to directly inhale the dust particles from a CFL bulb.The aire will clear quickly on its own.Hope that helps with the explanation on the situation, let me know anything further needed, here to assist you.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I recently checked. It was an Ecosmart LED light bulb I think . But ok, thank you for the advice.

Ok, thanks.The LED bulbs are less of an issue with the air as with handling the remnants with your bare hands.Wear gloves with them and others for safety.