Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Need wattage / 3 phase machine w/ 30fla is know

Customer Question

Need wattage for 480vlt / 3 phase machine w/ 30fla is known
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Here is an easier method than the manual calculation shown in the Ugly's Electrical Reference.
Go to the following website and key in the following: Then hit the calculate button. This will provide you with the Active Power, Apparent Power and Reactive Power.
Cut & paste the following link into your web browser:
http://myelectrical.com/tools/three-phase-calculator
A) 480 volts
B) 30 amps
C) Power Factor = (.8), point 8 ------> for 80%
Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.
The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ……….Thanks…………..Kevin!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin, do you have the answer( machine at 30FLA) ? Do I have to add that it's 3/0
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
No, just key in 480 for the volts, 30 for the current and (.8) point 8 for the power factor and then hit calculate.
I come up with the following:
Apparent Power = 24.94 kVA
Active Power = 19.95 kW
Reactive Power = 14.96 kVAr
I also calculated it manually using the Ugly's formula's and get the same results as the myelectrical website has.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other questions?
Did you try the on-line calculator?