Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I just installed a underwater pool light and I needed to rewire

Customer Question

I just installed a underwater pool light and I needed to rewire the electrical box with the new wiring. Unfortunately, my wiring project got delayed and now I am trying to figure out what wires to hook up. The electrical box has three tubes coming to it. The outside (right side as I look at it) tube has a green wire, a blue wire and a green wire. The middle tube has three wires a white wire, a black wire (goes up to the light switch box and a green wire. The inside (left side as I look at it) tube has four wires, a white wire, a red wire, a blue wire and a green wire. I did recall the green wire is the ground and connected this.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is some pics of the electrical box
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.We need to determine where all the wires go to on the other end first.The cord, I would assume is tot he light, correct?The black and red in the one conduit probably to a switch, but to determone exactly, need to open the switch and see what wires are connected.The other conduit with the blue,red and white we need to determone also.Maybe power?Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester to test wires?Know the circuit breaker for this?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks