AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Craig, I am trying to rewire my safety sensors ( a wire broke),

Customer Question

Craig, I am trying to rewire my safety sensors ( a wire broke), my opener has 4 push in connectors that are not marked at all. the unit is a liftmaster 3130M. The left terminal is red, the two middle terminals are white and the right terminal is black. can you tell me what the terminals are? Leo
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.The connections are as follows:Wall control/button connects to the Left Red terminal with one wireAnd to the left White terminal with the other The safety sensors connect one wire to the right White terminalAnd the other to the right hand Black terminalMake note, the SAME color wires to each sensor are connected together on the same terminal at the opnerNormally you have a solid white on one wire and white with stripe on the otherSo, you combine the 2 solid color wires together and connect to the white or the black terminalThen the striped wires are combined and connected to the other terminalThere is no special orientation on the terminals, just one pair to each Let me know anything further needed,Thanks