Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

I am replacing a ceiling fan/ light combo with a new ceiling

Customer Question

I am replacing a ceiling fan/ light combo with a new ceiling fan (fan only, no light)
Ceiling has 4 wires: copper, red, black , white.
There are two wall switches to control the old fan/ light fixture.
I have copper connected to green, white to white, but am unsure about how to connect the red and black from the ceiling to the black and blue from the fan??
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Since you don't have a light kit on the fan, one of the wall switches won't control anything. However, I think we should wire it for the future addition of a light kit.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If that's what you would like to do, please connect ceiling black to fan black, ceiling red to fan blue, ceiling white to fan white, and ceiling ground to fan ground.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
This way, if you ever add a light kit, you will just need to make the connections on the bottom of the fan.