Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have an Inteli-touch that operates two fans, but the switch

Customer Question

I have an Inteli-touch that operates two fans, but the switch will only have one fan working at any time. What do you think could be the issue?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and will be glad to assist you. Did they ever work as intended? Is this a new install? Give me the count and colors of the wires in the switch box, excluding any on the device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The ceiling fan did not work as intended. It is not a new install. We bought the house and switch did not turn on the fans properly. There are 1 Green

2 Black/white

1 Blue

2 Black

There is a black wire going into the switch and black and blue wires are capped together. The green is grounded to a light switch.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester? The feed pair need to be identified. They will be a paired black and white wires with 120V between them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a 2 wire voltage tester. Will this be an issue?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
We need to know not guess as to which wires are which. Pick up a Volt/Con at any home center. Easy to use and doesn't require you to change settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I went off line. However, can we pick this up on July 2nd in the afternoon?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Come back whenever you're ready.