Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

222mk, at Assured Electrical: In continuation of the

Customer Question

For Tommy at Assured Electrical: In continuation of the previous question, we are trying to install an STI 4300B Light Curtain on a Hydraulic press, we successfully installed the first set. However, upon further evaluation, we need a more complex set up.
We connected the E-Stop through R1 & R2, and with a broken beam, the light curtains shut down the machine as we hoped. However, we would like the light curtain to only shut down the system (act as an E-Stop) if the machine is in operation or cycling. We do
not want the machine to shut down (E-stop tripping power to the contacts) if the machine is idle if the light curtains are faulted. Our system consists of several motors being controlled by a series of contactors that provide power to VFD's. The VFD's get
their start signal from a momentary start button connected to a relay that will start several motors at one time. The question is, how do we connect the third relay in the STI? PLEASE SEE MANUAL PAGE 56 & 57: http://www.dnsmp.com/Manuals/STI/FS4300B-2_51-70%5B1%5D.pdf
Thanks, Eric
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Appreciate the asking for me, unfortunately I do not have enough information to work on the issue.Will put it back on the board for others until which time I may be able to continue unless someone else has begun assistance.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not heard from anyone else. What other information can we provide to you?