Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Hampton Bay Model VFB25ACLED1-5, at the unit electrical box

Customer Question

Hampton Bay Model VFB25ACLED1-5, at the unit electrical box the leads to the switch fan has power but the 2 light leads do not. Can the unit be disassembled to check internal connections? Do the lights have a separate transformer or ballast that may be the issue?
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long for an answer
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) What type of light bulbs in the light kit? Incandescent or Fluorescent or LED's?
2) Is the light kit mounted directly below the ceiling fan motor?
3) Is the light kit controlled via fan pull chains or a wall switch?
4) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take some voltage measurements?
5) Does the light kit wiring harness contain a white plastic male to female Molex plug connector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. LED
2, Yes
3. wall switch
4. Yes , 6volt not flowing from circuit board to feeds for switch and light unit
5. yes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies and confirmation.
1) Temporarily, lower the light kit and unplug the Molex connector to it.
2) How many wires and the wire colors in the light kit Molex connector? Or how many separate LED light bulbs does the light kit contain?
3) Have you measured for voltage directly at the Molex connector when it is un-plugged from the light kit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said the voltage lose is at the point the power comes out of the circuit board to power to the switch on both the blue and red wires. the brown wire is for the fan and yellow the hot for all. no power across the blue or red when jumped to the yellow hot. the plastic connectors are not the issue.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for the replies.
Other than a faulty wire connection, I'm not sure of the problem. I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open question board. Perhaps another electrician here is familiar with this particular fan model.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question. Thanks.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Have you measured the black and white wires tot he fan assembly for power?If no, please do and post voltage.If so, what is the voltage?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks