AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I want to wire a dew stop switch to an outlet so that the sensor

Customer Question

I want to wire a dew stop switch to an outlet so that the sensor will activate the outlet which will have a fan plugged into it. How do I do this?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Do you know the Make and Model you are wanting to install so the specifications can be obtained to assist?Where will power be, at the switch or the receptacle?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power will go from the power feed to the dew stop 325 switch to a receptacle. I do not need the light portion of the switch. I am only interested in powering the receptacle when the condensation builds up. The receptacle will power a 2000 cfm fan which plugs into the receptacle
Ok, thanks.Just so you understand, the manufacturer states the below:6. For use with permanently installed 120V AC powered fans only.See the link to the diagram below for the wiring. Since not using a light on the switch, the BLUE connection will not be used , there is no connection on BLUE. So, it is not shown on the diagram at all.Let me know any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright I'm pretty sure I got it. I'll just get a hardwired fan instead of using the receptacle. Thank you
Ok, you are most welcome, glad to assist.Thanks