Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 6 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

Sima stp 3000 inverter

Customer Question

sima stp 3000 inverter
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want email...I want to chat...inverter says overloaded and nothing is plugged in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody there taking care of my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be signing out soon and trying another answer site
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Can you temporarily disconnect either the positive or negative battery connection from the inverter and turn the inverter to the OFF position. Unplug any connected loads at the output receptacles. Then re-connect the battery lead to the inverter and turn the inverter back to the ON position.
2) By doing the above, does the inverter still indicate an overload condition? Let me know what happens.......Thanks.......Kevin!
3) Do you have an AC voltmeter to confirm the AC voltage output on the inverter receptacles?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
1) If my previous recommendation does not work, then the inverter contains an internal short without any connected load. If an internal short is present, the inverter will go into an immediate overload condition.
2) Hopefully the inverter is still under warranty and can be exchanged as there are no end user serviceable parts by the average consumer. Many electronics manufacturers do not even provide a schematic wiring diagram.
If an internal short exists, the internal printed circuit board and/or electronic components can only be tested and repaired by a bench technician.
Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.
The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ……….Thanks…………..Kevin!
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.