Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I came home tonight and the master bedroom has no ligths.

Customer Question

Hi , i came home tonight and the master bedroom has no ligths. The bathroom and closet are fine. I had some people working with power machines in the house today. I'm assuming they caused the problem . Checked the brakes and can't find the problem
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Is the circuit breaker that controls the Master Bedroom also the same for the bath and closet or are these 2 rooms on a different breaker?
2) Are the bedroom wall receptacles also dead?
3) Does the circuit breaker contain a "test" button or just a regular circuit breaker? Just asking if the breaker is possibly an Arc Fault (AFCI) type of breaker?
4) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC voltmeter to take a few voltage measurements?