AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Your answer on the Legrand RW600U is good but the instructions

Customer Question

Your answer on the Legrand RW600U is good but the instructions show a connection of two of the RW600U in one circuit. Most switches don't tie into both the line (Black) and the neutral (White). How does the damn thing work? Do you twist the two white leads in the box to the Red wire from the switch? I wish they would show how the switch works. I will bet their is a circuit board in there with a capacitor, resistors, and transistor.
Regards,
Kirk
Chief Engineer
USMM and Power Plant
KG7TCU
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) I am unable to locate a Legrand model number RW600U in any of the data bases. Perhaps you have a typo and the model number should be RWU600U? I'm showing the RWU600U model as a Single Pole Occupancy Sensor switch.
Does your switch model contain 1 black, 1 red and 1 white wire?
Please confirm the model number......Thanks......Kevin!
2) Yes, you are correct. Occupancy Sensors contain an internal printed circuit board with electronic components.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a 1 pole 3 way motion sensor switch. I have the directions and have talked to tech support twice. Model could be RW600UTCCCV4 by Pass & Seymor, Legrand. The switch has 4 wires, Black: to line in or breaker,Yellow: traveler to other switch, Green: to ground, Red: to load or white wire which is natural wire. Red is not use on the second motion senor switch. The switch was recommended by tech support.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies.
1) I am unable to locate the wiring instructions for your model number on Legrand's website. I suspect that the model number (RW600UTCCCV4) you currently have has been manufactured retired and was replaced by a newer model number. Legrand's website does not provide any hits on model number (RW600UTCCCV4).
2) I suspect your model number has been replaced by the following model but I am not sure of that? See link shown below:
http://www.legrand.us/passandseymour/motion-sensors/3-way-occupancy-vacancy/rw3u600w.aspx#.VYykrUbW70c
3) Since I don't have a wiring diagram on your model number to follow, I don't want to provide you with incorrect information. Therefore, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open question board. Perhaps another electrician here is familiar with your model number.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up your question......Thanks.......Kevin!
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.I have the specs for the RW600U.Black wire on Main unit connects to the Line powerRed wire on Main unit connects to the Load which is the light wireYellow wire connects to the traveler going to the Companion unitGreen wire connects tot he ground.That is it for the Main.The companion unit yellow connects to the same traveler wire from the Main unit.The black wire on the companion unit connects to Line PowerThe green connects to groundThe Red is unused and capped off. So, what or where is the confusion?Let me know and we can continue,thanks
Added some color to the original instruction sheet.I think the confusion, may be where the light fixture is connected tot he neutral.The motion sensors do not connect to neutral, the main only connects to the live side of the fixture wiring, the neutral is in the ceiling box and only connects to the light.