Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Jason. We just had service turned on this Tuesday

Customer Question

Hi Jason. We just had service turned on this Tuesday for our new condo. When I went to the condo the lights initially all come on then suddenly it went out. I reset the circuit breakers and only some parts of the condo have the lights working. The other rooms like the dining room are not working. What could be the problem
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) When turning the light switch or switches to the ON position, do the lights flicker or dim?

2) What other rooms in the condo are experiencing similar problems? Are the other rooms with the problem shared by the same circuit breaker or on separate breakers?

3) Are any of the wall receptacles dead or is the problem only limited to lighting?

4) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to check a few voltage measurements?

5) Is this a brand new condo and the construction is under warranty?