AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Does the wire run from scoket to scoket or off the maine l

Customer Question

does the wire run from scoket to scoket or off the maine line
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Wiring runs in many directions within a single circuit.It can loop from receptacle to receptacle, or receptacles to switch boxes, then light boxes, then back to the receptacles.There are many wires it can be done.What exactly is the problem you are having at this time?Provide the details as much as possible and lets try to get you going again. Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light in the back bed room both outlets and the light in the bathroom is out but the outlet in the bathroom works I changed wits around to test breakers they all work
Ok, thanks.Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester with readout?Can you remove the cover on the bedroom switch, the ease the switch out of the box, leaving it wired and see how many wires in the box total and their colors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has wire rung from breaker to one then jumps to other breaker all showing 120 volts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They seem to be fine but no light and power outlets don't work
Ok,Not able to follow the information.Wire does not run from one breaker to another breaker?Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester? Can you get one?Can you remove the cover on the bedroom switch, the ease the switch out of the box, leaving it wired and see how many wires in the box total and their colors.
Let me give a suggestion for a test .This is for a confirmation TEST ONLY and must be undone as soon as the test is over .On the dead receptacle, place a short jumper wire from the ground to the silver screw side.Then see if the receptacles work and lights etc.This will confirm if the hot is missing or the neutral wire is missing and loose on the circuit.Again, this is not to be left after testing.This will get it down to the exact wire that is loose, then juts find the location.Thanks