Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

Have a George Kovacs Chrome 39 1/2" wide LED Bathroom Light

Customer Question

Have a George Kovacs Chrome 39 1/2" wide LED Bathroom Light, Style #2F351 from Lamps Plus purchased in 2014. Your I.D.: Brand = Leviton / Model: Sureslide 6615.
My situation is: Working fine until three days ago, when light would go out. Would not turn on by the switch until a wait of 10 to 15 minutes, then on for 15 to 20 minutes and then go out again. Put in a new wall switch to no avail. What is the problem? Is there a thermal internal overload switch? If so, how do we get it corrected?
Thanks,
Vic XXXX
XXXX XXXXX
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Vic. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like a potential loose connection. Since you've already replaced the switch, I think we can rule that out.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
However, if the neutral (white) wire is spliced in the switch box, please check that splice to make sure it's good and tight.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Then, check the connections at the fixture, to make sure they are tight as well.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ideally, the next time the fixture goes out, you should use a volt meter to take a reading on the wall wires that connect to the fixture.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That way, we can check for power coming from the wall, and determine whether the problem is actually in the fixture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason,
Sorry to be so slow on the call back. While your advice sounded resonable, I contacted Lamps Plus, who sold the fixture to me.
Their Tech Dept. said it was the power supply and promptly made available a replacement available to me. Due to that, please make a refund on my request for advice. Good try, but thanks anyway.
Vic Maling(###) ###-####or***@******.***
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Thank you.