Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Looking to wire switch on a SLV410 mirror. Switch came loose

Customer Question

looking to wire switch on a SLV410 mirror. Switch came loose and all wires are off. New to know how to rewire switch
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
Since you have access to the switch and wiring area, can you get a picture and post for review?
Might also be a number on the switch itself as well.
They shop parts out to many suppliers while in production, so wish to be sure of your unit.
Let me know and we can continue,
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see 4 wires that twisted off the connections. 2 red and a red and green. The switch has 2 side poles and 2 on top. This is a dimmable mirror. If it can't be resolved quickly it will be cheaper for me to buy a new one,
Thanks for the picture.
There are so many varieties of the small switches and they are constantly changing from production run to production run based on availability to the manufacturer.
The actual switch model number will be needed along with notation of where each of the wires loose connect on the other end,
There are no wiring diagrams, manufacturers do not publish nor share any of them probably due to the quick changes in production.
So, we have to make them based on information of switch make and model and wire connections.
Wish it could be resolved quickly, but it will take a little time to investigate once the information is received.
Thanks