Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Our 8 yr old Kenmore stove suddenly would go off

Customer Question

Our 8 yr old Kenmore stove suddenly would go off for hours at a time then come back on for hours. We called Sears repair and they said it was an electrical issue. We hired an electrician who said the electric was fine. Went back to Sears with a letter from electrician. They eventually replaced the stove at no charge. It worked for two days then the same thing happened. We called a Master Electrician who checked out everything and said electrical was fine. All this occurred from April to September last year. The electrician was out to our house 6 times, changing breakers & everything else he could think of. NO ISSUES! On his advice we called the power company to check the line to the house. It was fine. It worked fine through the fall, winter & spring. When the temperature outside is 85 or over, it malfunctions. Obviously it gets hot and shuts off. Is our only recourse to have a new 220 line wired in the house? Please help!
Tired of crockpot meals
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. I don't know the capability of the electrician you had check the issue. I can only say that the issue is a bad connection on that circuit. Not having the same loss of power in your lights or other outlets, it has to be. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester and are willing to follow my instructions? If so, we can locate the cause.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to the offer. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
The only thing to do is to find a better electrician. A good one wouldn't have left without correcting the problem.