Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 6 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

I need a wiring diagram moss fan HF600series856x i replaced

Customer Question

i need a wiring diagram for a moss fan HF600series856x i replaced bearings &forgotyto mark wires it has one 9.5 uf cap.a reversing pullchain switch&avariable reastat.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Unfortunately, I've never come across any ceiling fan manufacturer that will provide a schematic wiring diagram. For whatever the reason, internal wiring diagrams on ceiling fans are just not available. Seems the fan schematic wiring diagrams are proprietary amongst the various manufacturers.
2) Have you replaced any fan components such as: Cap, pull chain switch, wall switch, etc?
3) Does the fan not have all 3 fan motor speed controls? What was the original problem?
4) If you have replaced any of these parts, are they the identical manufacturer replacement parts or are the parts just a generic replacement component?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cap. was checked by an electrican it read 10uf replaced pullchain sw. with a generic 3wire sw one hot wire & 2other feeds for the coils variable reastat was burnt out it had 2 wires i dont have another so the fan will remain on fast speed the reastat made the fan go slower
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies.
1) If the original problem was the fan motor was stuck on a certain speed, then the problem was a burnt out capacitor since the cap plays a role in controlling motor speeds. Most capacitors are polarity sensitive while others are not.....ie, it depends upon the capacitor type.
2) When replacing a fan pull chain switch, these must be an identical type of switch as the original version. Pull chain switches come in a variety of internal switching patterns. Even though the exterior of a replacement pull chain switch looks the same as the original, the generic replacement may not work correctly due to different internal switching patterns. Thus the reason an identical replacement type is required.
3) Variable wall mounted rheostat's that are similar to a lighting dimmer switch are never used to control a 3 speed ceiling fan motor. Only a ceiling fan rated 3 speed position wall switch that is "motor rated" should be used. Using a variable rheostat wall switch can also cause fan motor humming noise.
Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.
The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ……….Thanks…………..Kevin!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i told you in the very beginning i replaced the bearings BECAUSE it squealed was nothing wrong with the fan iforgot to mark the wires
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the replies.
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board and perhaps another electrical expert here is more familiar with this particular fan model.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question. Thanks.....Kevin!