Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

There, I went to turn on my bathroom lights and there was

Customer Question

Hi there, I went to turn on my bathroom lights and there was a little blue flash from one of the lights and then both wouldn't come on (there are two ceiling lights and a bathroom fan). So I went downstairs to the consumer unit and saw that one of the breakers had switched to 'OFF', I switched it back on thinking all would be well. I went back upstairs and switched the bathroom lights on but nothing happened. I tried the hall and bedroom light swtches, nothing happened. I have not experienced this before, the whole of the upstairs lighting circuit seems to have been affected. I took the cover off of the bathroom light that had sparked and took the bulb out (which had blown) I noticed that the metal bit when screwed in had a couple of small holes so maybe this was where spark came from. Or could the fan be the problem, I took the cover off of the circuit board part and a section of the cover had a darker patch (like it had heated up). Any ideas/ comments would be appreciated as I am at a loss with this one.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
Can you post a picture of the location where the big flash occurred on the bathroom light?
Maybe that may lead to something when reviewing.
It sounds like a connection at the light was broken and that is why the circuit is dead.
Let me know and we can continue,
Thanks