Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a Goulds shallow well jet water pump. Model Number

Customer Question

I have a Goulds shallow well jet water pump. Model Number J15 5 Serial Number CO162251. It was running fine for years. It just stopped working - no previous problems or weird sounds. when we turn the electrical breaker on it just hums/buzzes - nothing
in the motor tries to move or turn - no sounds from motor at all. Checked power at pressure switch and it's getting 230 volts. What should I Do next?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Did you check both Line and Load on the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I Checked both line and load and both have power. When I have the breaker on it will buzz for about 5 seconds and then the breaker will trip itself off. After the breaker trips a couple of times in a row it trips off quicker - about on a second before tripping.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Swap the breaker with another to eliminate breaker failure. Also check for signs of arcing on the jaws.