Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My solar system got drained when a visitor left several fans

Customer Question

My solar system got drained when a visitor left several fans run overnight. I am attempting to recharge my system with a generator, but noted that my xantrex C60 charge controller shows no indication at all..the led is not lit at all? What might be the problem. It is hooked to an outback inverter.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) How many amps is the Charge Controller (CC) rated for?
2) Are you trying to charge the battery bank by disconnecting the PV panels and charging directly to the input side of the CC? or have you disconnected the CC and the Inverter and directly charging to the battery bank?
In other words, have you isolated the battery bank and disconnected everything from the battery bank except for the charging input to the battery bank?
3) What connection do you have for the generator output? An AC or DC connection?
4) How many amps is the generator rated for?
5) Or are you using a 120 volt plug-in battery charger directly from the AC output of the generator?
If using an AC battery charger, how many amp output is the battery charger?
I need more details as to how you are trying to re-charge the battery bank?