Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Gary, I'm wiring a cord food truck. The truck uses a

Customer Question

Gary, I'm wiring a cord for my food truck. The truck uses a 4 pole 30 amp twist lock. The site I'm going to has a 30 amp 3 pole plug in. Is it possible to use 10/3 wire and drop one of the legs on the 4 pole so I can utilize the power source at the site?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.
Look at the 4P 30A twist lock on your truck and tell me the NEMA configuration that wil be embossed on the receptacle. For example it may be 14-30R or something close.
Let me know what it is.
Steve