Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a wifi timer that nas 3 wires and a ground. I only

Customer Question

I have a wifi timer that nas 3 wires and a ground. I only have a hot, neutral and ground available in the box. What do I do with that?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) Can you provide me with the model number or a description of the Belkin timer?
2) I am unable to locate any timers on the Belkin website?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have it with me
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
You sure the timer is manufactured by Belkin? Their website does not show any timers under products?
Provide me with the model number when you have an opportunity and we can take it from there.....Thanks.....Kevin!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is even more complicated than I thought. There are 2 light fixtures coming from this 1 box. It appears that the original wiring used 1 hot wire for both fixtures. They have both hot wires in 1, 2 wire Romex coming down from above. There is a 3 way switch on the other fixture with no hot lead to that switch. There is another 3 wire Romex with each wire used for neutrals. as best as I can tell. One of those neutrals. The neutral for the fixture I'm trying to install is one of these. There is another 2 wire Romex attached to all the other neutrals and the black wire is capped off with no power in it.. It appears to have only 1 hot wire powering both fixtures so I don't know how to connect the hot and load wires from the new switch. I can't find a model number on the new switch.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the replies.
1) Without having a wiring diagram and/or model number of the Belkin WiFi timer switch, I will not be able to provide you any support as I need to see a wiring diagram. Perhaps another expert here has worked with a Belkin timer. I've never seen any Belkin timers sold in the marketplace and Belkin does not show any info on their website regarding timers.
Therefore, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open question board.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another electrical expert picks up the question.
Thanks.......Kevin!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's actually a WiFi switch, not a timer
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Give me the colors of the timer wires. Also tell me the count and colors of the house wires in the box.