Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

A couple of questions if I may... 1st. I had a hot

Customer Question

A couple of questions if I may...
1st.
I had a hot tub wired in my back yard which I have since removed and built a coverad gazebo ... can I use the same wire for a sub panel do the new lights and outlets which are now installed?
2nd.
I believe the wire ran for the old hot tub was 6-3 w/ground... is this garage ok to use or do I need thicker?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
If you have a total of 4 conductors, you can use the existing wire for a detached structure.
If it's #6 wire, you can protect it at 60 amps with a double pole breaker in the main panel. I would put a double pole 60 in the sub to act as a main at that location as well.
Since it's a gazebo, with open sides, you'll want to use GFI outlets.