ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

Yes, I am using a 277 lighting breaker with one hot /blue,

Customer Question

Yes, I am using a 277 lighting breaker with one hot /blue, a white tied to the common buss bar and a green wire from the ground on the panel. Iam using a step down transformer primary is 277 input and secondary I want 120 volts with a hot, a common and a ground to power a outlet recepticle. right now I have a the blue hot tied in at H1 and the white common at H4. On the secondary side for 120 tied in a hot at X2 and a white common at X1 and nothing at X3 or X4. is this correct before I turn power back on?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Ken and I will be glad to help with your question. Thanks for using http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-prograde
I cannot find the diagram on FedPac website. Can you post a picture of the wiring diagram? Generally, line voltage (277) would go to H1 & H2. On secondary X1 & X3 would tie together and X2 & X4 would tie together then one set (either one) has to be grounded for the neutral. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ken, Hi, Here is a picture of the schematic for the stepdown transformer I need to wire. I hope this helps.
Dave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is my order ID, Order ID: 15277395-460
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the picture.
H1 & H4 for the input (L & N)
X1 & X3 120 output
X2 & X4 Neutral (grounded for neutral)