Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

I have purchased a spa Jason and the manufacturer requires

Customer Question

I have purchased a spa Jason and the manufacturer requires a 15 amp single phase dedicated outlet. This will be external in the garden. My electrician says he has a 20 amp cable. Will this work or is it too much - I have no clue at all.Also can one run an external cable in conduit next to a fence as I don't want to dig up travertine paving if I don't have to? Many thanks Neil
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil. You can use a 20 amp circuit for a load that draws 15 amps. As for the conduit versus burying the wire in the ground... you can use conduit above ground as long as you attach the conduit to something. If you attach it to the fence, that should be fine.