AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Is it possible to get a diagram a Caldwell or

Customer Question

is it possible to get a diagram for installing a Caldwell or Honeywell thermostat for comfort cove?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Will you be using a 2 pole thermostat (recommended for the 240 volt heater) or a single pole? Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Tommy, we worked on this yesterday. My problem is that i had heat but very little when my thermostat is maxed. This is a 240 double pole. Now I made a junction box for all the wires to meet. My hot wire and both element meet in this junction. I suppose that I must wire the initial element only and only to the hot wire then pigtail off that for my second element?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive had this problem before and the i'll loose the heat i want but i will have some heat. when i dropped down to one element. I'm have a difficult time applying this parellel wiring with this system.
Ok,
Connect ONLY one heater by using the below:
A double pole thermostat will have 4 connection points.
Two of them, will be labeled either LINE or L1 and L2
That is where you connect both of the wires from the circuit breaker, one to each of the connections.
The other two connections will be labeled either LOAD or T1 and T2.
The 2 wires to the heater are connected to those points, one to each.
That is pretty much it, except for the ground wire at the heater and thermostat if the thermostat has a ground screw.
NOW, connect the 2nd heater to the SAME thermostat points as the first heater, one wire to each of the points.
That is parallel, when they connect together and to the same points
Questions, just reply.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I pigtail the second element at the junction box of the first element or do I have to run a the wire to the thermostat?
Pigtail?
You will connect them all together.
2iwres leave the thermostat and go to heater #1.
At heater one you have 2 wires to connect those 2 wires. one each.
So when paralleling the heaters, the second heaters 2 wires connect to those also, one each
You do not want to pigtail the connection, you want them all together under the same wire nut