AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I am wiring a commercial hood with an intake and an exhaust

Customer Question

I am wiring a commercial hood with an intake and an exhaust controlled by fire suppression duct detector sensor and a switch over ride It has no control box so I had to do it all my self. I have never done one before I cant find a line diagram online so I made one my self and I cant get to work. Can you please help? Can I email you my line diagram?
Let me know!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist. You can post pictures directly here by using that paper clip symbol on the little tool bar. Can then review. Thanks
Let me post a diagram of an Ansul fire detection system and you can compare to yours.You can upload yours and I can review it also and then we can get together.There are variations, depending on the equipment involved.
Here is a second Ansul system with shunt trip breakers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how exactly to send over my diagram please? I am seeing the paperclip
You just click the paper clip symbol, it will open a window so that you can get the picture off your PC and then post it here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send a diagram that has the duct sensor in the circuit to control the automated part of the system?
Thank you
The first diagram is the standard Ansul switch for the fire suppression systems.Did you look it over, it has the switch and contacts to shutdown everything as required and keep the exhaust running for smoke evacuation at the same time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I looked it over and I don't see a duct detector. I have one duct detector and one micro switch for the ansel. Can you send me a line diagram that includes the panel, shunts, contactors, duct detector, ansel switch, plugs, and lights? I also have a two pole single switch for the intake and ex for normal operation. Can you please send over a diagram that includes all this?
I do not have all that information, sorry. That all comes with the systems.I will have to opt out of the question and put it back to the open board for all experts and maybe someone has access to the entire system installation.No need to reply, the site will notify you when the next expert posts.They will be up to date with reviewing of the information.Thanks
Mine had everything except for the detector.It is all based on what exactly you have in place.
which model system did you purchase and I will try to find your particular system manual since I am just missing a couple components
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Let me allow other experts to view and respond, thanks