Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I pressured washed two pre-lighted trees, electrical cords

I pressured washed two pre-lighted trees, electrical cords and all and now they will not light up. Is there any way to cure this??
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Did you check for a GFCI device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what a GFCI device is, but nothing is exposed except the cord and socket.

There should be a receptacle ahead of the dead ones or a circuit breaker that is a GFCI. It will have a test and reset button on it. Water infiltration will cause it to trip as intended for safety. Look around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All lights are dead, and I do not find any device to trip. The two are small (5' decorative) porch trees. There appears to be nothing but the cord string of lights throughout and plug. Should I just scrap them? Tks,

The GFCI would be somewhere ahead of that outlet. You need to check around, all the way to the panel box.