Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

I want to provide a 20 amp dedicated GFI receptacle for my

I want to provide a 20 amp dedicated GFI receptacle for my dishwasher and another 20 amp dedicated GFI receptacle for my microwave oven in my kitchen. I have run 12 GA Romex wires from each into my basement. For convenience, I would like to run both Romex wires into one junction box and then run separate wires in one rigid conduit to my lighting panel. I would provide a black power wire for one circuit and a red wire for the other power wire. Since the lighting panel's has only two available branch circuit breaker spaces and they are on the same side of the lighting panel, I cannot use a shared neutral wire. I want to use 3/4 inch rigid conduit and correctly sized junction box. My question is can I place both circuit wires in the same junction box and then run all the wires (6) through one ridged conduit to the lighting panel to two new branch circuit breakers, one for each receptacle, in the lighting panel, or must I use a separate junction box and separate rigid conduit for each branch circuit wiring?
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Yes, you can have multiple circuits in the same junction box. There are no code issues whatsoever and it is standard practice in the industry.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve