Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

I have a harborbreeze fan light, about 7 years old. I had problems

I have a harborbreeze fan light, about 7 years old. I had problems with the remote. The fan would work off the remote, light from pull chain. Now the pull chain broke. I replaced that. No light. I've tested the lights they r fine. I would like to eliminate the remote. Put the light back to wall switch, fan on pull chain. Is that possible?
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now...yes it should be possible to remove the remote receiver and hard wire the fan/light.

If you take the fan down, you should have two wires plus a ground in the ceiling box. These connect to the remote receiver in the fan.

On the other side of the receiver heading into the fan/light will be at least three wires, likely a black, white and a blue.

So can you check that and get back to me and I will tell you how to hook them all together.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Steve out of the ceiling box I have 2 white tied to 1 white receiver. 2 black + 1 white to 1 bl rec.1 bl dead end. 3 ground together.
Ok, what are the wires on the other side of the receiver i.e. going into the fan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
White black and a red from receiver to blue to fan/light.
You 've lost me.

On the 'fan side' of the receiver, you have a white, a black, a red and a blue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, on the fan side I have white black and blue.
Ok, so if I understand you, once you remove the remote receiver from the fan, you are left with a black, a white and a blue?

And at your ceiling box, you have some blacks and a white tied together and and some whites?

So, connect fan black and fan blue to the blacks and the fan white to the whites.

That should work.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve