Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I am re-doing a bathroom and installing an exhaust fan. The

I am re-doing a bathroom and installing an exhaust fan. The bathroom has one light connected to one switch. Can I wire the fan onto the switch or do I have to use a separate switch.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. You can install it on the same switch if you want the light and fan to be on and off at the same time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As it is an older house, the box has two wires coming into it, one is the line the other is the load. The white wires are connected together and the two black are attached to the switch. I have 14-2 coming from the exhaust fan, how would I connect them

Your description tells me you can install a switch over switch. This will give you independent control of each. The whites will all connect together. The feed black will connect to one of the black screws. The load blacks will attach to one each on the gold screws.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should I remove the tab

No! The tab is required to power the 2 switches with one feed wire.