Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.

I have a home auto shop, dont want to install 240 voltage for

I have a home auto shop, dont want to install 240 voltage for a more powerful air compressor. I have heard of guys connecting two 110 volt compressors with a regulator to give them the CFM's of a larger compressor, but still run on 110 volt. Is this possible/safe?
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..if you are looking for increased CFMs, then absolutely. You can connect the two compressors into a 'Tee' section and then off to your hose.

I would probably put a simple one way check valve in at least one of the lines to the tee.

There is nothing hazardous about this arrangement.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, this is exactly what I want to do, increse CFM's.

Would you be able to draw me a simple diagram or post one? nothing fancy , just showing me where I install and what materials. What is the purpose of the check valve?

There isn't much to diagram. You are going to connect two hoses to a tee and your third hose will go to your tool or whatever it is you are supplying air to.

>>>CLICK HERE<<< for a video of what you need to do.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue after viewing the video. Please let me know. I'll be here.