Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

my electricity at my house sometimes goes off and comes back

my electricity at my house sometimes goes off and comes back on like 5 to 10 minunites later what could be the problem?

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Do you have neighbors close by? Do they lose power for 5-10 minutes at a time?

Do you lose power (receptacles) and lighting at the same time?

Does the entire house lose power?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the neighbours dont loose power.yes both outlets and lights

I would strongly suggest that you hire an electrician for an hour or two so that he can look at your main distribution panel - fuses/breakers etc.

If that pans out, you would need to call your utility and explain to them what is happening,. You could have some problems at the transformer or at the meter.

The first step though would be to make sure your internal wiring - especially at the panel - is good.

Do you know an electrician?

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you i will contact my electrician

Ok. If after he looks at it, you have any questions or need a second opinion, please let me know. I will be here.

Good luck
Steve