Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

Steve I have run a second switch wire but there appears to

Steve I have run a second switch wire but there appears to be only one hot to connect to at the fan/light unit that is the one I have the fan switch connected to
Hi again. I do not see your previous question - I worked on three fan questions yesterday so you may need to jog my memory..

So, you have a brown, blue and green coming out of the fan? And that is all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is right

this was my original question Hi I am wireing a combo light and fan to a combo light fan switch I have the live feed going to the light switch then a loop going to the fan switch maked f then red switch wire conected to that also i have the fan working fine but no light?

Ok but did you not tell me that you have a red, a brown, a blue and a green wire at the fan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sorry that is correct

Ok. So the red and the brown are the two hot wires and the blue is your neutral.

Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Thanks should be all good

Excellent.

Here is the rating information so that I can be paid. Please pick a good one.

Thanks

Steve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Steve you answered my question perfectly and am happy to give you a high rating

I have one query i paid for the question yesterday and didn't get it finished until this morning and had to pay again to finish this morning seems a little unfair ?

Kind Regards

Trevor

Trevor, I only get paid when you rate the answer I gave you. It appears that rather than continuing on our previous discussion, you opened a brand new question session which is why you were probably charged again.

Understand that the charge goes into YOUR Just Answer account not mine. You can self refund at any time.

Rate this one and I will send the other for a refund.

Thanks very much.

Steve