Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Im having a problem where a ceiling fan and a cable box are

I'm having a problem where a ceiling fan and a cable box are turning on and off at random times.
the ceiling fan has a remote control and it has been suggested to me by my electrician, who by the way declined to even come and look at the problem, that the problem is with the remotes and not a wiring issue. We have changed the batteries we have change the lightbulbs we have unplugged from surge protectors plugged into walls we have changed out the cable box nothing is working. I still think it has something to do with the electrical can anyone help me?
by the way the fan and the cable box are in different rooms.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. You have a loose connection in one of several places. It is in the ceiling outlet, the cable box outlet or an outlet ahead of the problem outlets. You'll new to check the outlets on that circuit for the BSD connection.